This page explains how to use the channel manager with the Jomres Plugin
The Jomres plugin gives you an interface to the channel manager which you can use to synchronise your booking channels. Jomres creates the properties in BookingAutomation. You set up the channel manager in BookingAutomation to connect to the channels.
The capabilities of the connection depend on the channel. With booking.com and many others we have a two way XML connection so BookingAutomation can export inventory and prices and import bookings and modifications to bookings. Check the capabilities of the channels you want to use
- Jomres can send multiple prices and one minimum stay for each room for each date.
- If you need more complex pricing (e.g multiple channels with different prices for each) you have the option to create them in BookingAutomation.
- BookingAutomation sends bookings back to Jomres.
What you will need
- Accounts with the booking channels you want to use
- A BookingAutomation account. You can sign up here.
- The Jomres plugin
Where to get help
For issues regarding the interchange of data between Jomres and BookingAutomation please refer to your Jomres plugin support.
For issues regarding the setup and data interchange between BookingAutomation and Channels please contact BookingAutomation support.
- The connection is initiated from Jomres. Please follow the instructions for the Jomres plugin.
Test the connection is working by:
- 1) Checking the prices/availability have been sent to BookingAutomation correctly.
- 2) Making a test booking in BookingAutomation and check it imports to Jomres
Enable the prices for Channel Management
- You can enable the Jomres price rows for channel management at the menu Settings > Properties > Rooms > Daily Prices .
Connect to the Channels
- Go to SETTINGS->CHANNEL MANAGER in the BookingAutomation control panel and connect the channels you want to use. You will find specific set up instructions for each channel when you click on HELP or habe a look here.
Set up in BookingAutomation is free and you can do it yourself. BookingAutomation is designed as a self service system with context sensitive help, extensive documentation and a free-of-charge ticket support system.
Bookings can only import into Jomres if there is a price in the price field. If the channel did not send a price BookingAutomation will use the the min price for the room. Make sure your setting for SETTINGS->ROOMS->SETUP "Minimum Price" is greater than 0 so these bookings can import
Why did a booking not import?
- When checking why bookings fail to go from Jomres to BookingAutomationit is best to start with the Jomres log, please log-into your Jomres (administrator back-end) > Jomres > Tools > Log Files > Beds24v2.application.log
You should be able to see the exact reason why a booking did not import or export.
Redirect to Jomres Booking page
You can use the Booking Redirect URL setting to redirect traffic from the BookingAutomation booking page to your Jomres booking page. This can be used with tripconnect, etc. so the guest does not see the BookingAutomation page.
To pass collected dates to Jomres add the following to the end of your Jomres booking page URL
To show your Jomres booking page within the facebook app it will need to be hosted with a secure certificate and the URL must start with https://
Do not delete bookings from BookingAutomation. Deleted bookings can not be updated. Instead set the status to "Cancelled". BookingAutomation will then send the "Cancelled" status to Jomres.
Bookings which have been manually added in BookingAutomation will also be sent to Jomres. If not open the booking go to the "Logs" tab and click on "Resend Notify".